Friday, September 9, 2011

Deep Fried Twinkie Withdrawls

Now that Labor Day weekend has come and gone, my body is starting to feel the effects. Of not going to the Minnesota State Fair. Of not eating copious amounts of deep fried foods on a stick. A word of advice, you might want to check yo judgments at the door, people. It will just be much easier that way.

The Great Minnesota Get-Together holds a very special place in my clogged artery heart. I love it. No, I live for it. No matter where I am living, I make my journey during Labor Day weekend to feed my obsession. And my belly.

There was, however, the awful year of 2005 when I was just a wee little freshman in college and was unable to attend. Don't worry, my momma overnight mailed me some food. Seriously. That's dedication.

Then came this year. Mr. Wonderful and I had already made our plans to travel to my grandparent's lake house in Vermont, but then that fell through. And we were okay with that because then we could voyage to Minnesota for the State Fair.

Long story short, Vermont became back on and we missed the fair.
 Boo.

My sister and my niece pettin' cows. 2010.

 

The fattest pig in 2010. I love pigs and I love fats.


Husband and me at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

You might be thinking to yourself, "Meg, why is this such a big deal?"
I get it. It's a strange love.

While I love the awesome people watching (aka mullet hunting), the great music, and cuddly animals, it's the food. The greasy, fattening, roll me to the car food. And while I have a list a mile long of the food I must eat every year, the coveted #1 spot belongs to the deep fried twinkie.
If you've had one, you know what I'm talking about.
If you haven't, shame on you.

Even if you don't like twinkies, you will love this thing more than an 80's movie montage.
Don't believe me? I gladly invite you to join me next year at the Minnesota State Fair.
Come with me and my fams, we're nice.
First twink is on me.


xoxo Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment