Friday, October 21, 2011

Ahh...Minnesoootahh

Definitely not on purpose, but this post is going to read like a total foodie blog. 
Trust me, I am more than ok with that.

When you think of mind-blowing food experiences and where those mainly occur, you probably don't think, "Minnesota!"

But you should.
Every non-Minnesotan that I have taken home with me for college breaks has commented on how we have the best food. And it is the truth.

So while I'd love to chat about my weekend in Minnesota and all of the cool places I went to and yadda yadda yadda, my trip was mainly about food.

Side Note: My momma is super-duper wonderfully amazing at almost everything, but the lady doesn't cook. Therefore, we eat out a lot and I'm not complaining. 
Don't judge-none of us are obese yet.

Hot off my flight (which landed at the crack of dawn) we went to Egg and I for pancakes the size of your freakin' head. They were amazing and I had three. And scrambled eggs. And bacon.

I'm pretty sure my food coma sailed me all the way through lunch and on to dinner. It was Gma's choice and she chose Mai Village, perhaps the greatest Vietnamese restaurant in all of everywhere except Vietnam.

via

 When you first walk in, you are greeted by a wooden bridge, surrounded on both sides with beautiful koi fish. Once you cross the bridge, you are in the main dining area that is so beautifully decorated you have to make an effort to stop staring in order to eat your food.

via
This picture definitely doesn't do it justice, you'll just have to trust me.


The next day I went to one of my ultimate stops that I have been eating at since I was about eleven years old. If you ever watch Guy Fieri lose his shit on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, you may just remember this little place.


The Nook is an absolute hole in the wall that has become famous for its Juicy Lucy.
At the Nook, they call it the Juicy Nookie, but I always get mine with pepper jack cheese, so it's the Paul Molitor, who happens to have gone to the same high school as the now owners of the Nook.


They get their hamburger buns fresh everyday from the bakery down the street, P.J. Murphy's, and it truly makes a difference. Oh, and for the poor souls folks who don't know what a Juicy Lucy is, it's a burger with the cheese in the middle of the patty. Awesome.

You can't get much better than that.


For our last full day in Minnesota, Tony and I had dinner at one of my favorite places, The Capital Grille. They have many a location so you should definitely check it out if you've never been there.

And get the filet mignon.
You won't be sorry.
Cooked to perfection. Straight up yummy.

We each got the filet and shared the au gratin potatoes.
Tony had never been there before and he just about died.

But the absolute best, most fantastic thing at The Capital Grille, and in all of Food Land...are truffle fries. Truffle fries are my best friend and The Capital Grille does this girl proud.


Tossed in shredded Grana Padano, kosher salt and white truffle oil.
Perfection.
I almost didn't eat my steak. Almost.


And now I'm hungry. Off to raid my fridge.


xoxo Meg




No comments:

Post a Comment