Monday, October 10, 2011

Beautiful & Beautiful

I nearly squealed with joy when I saw one of my favorite jewelry stores Doyle & Doyle featured in this month's Matchbook Magazine. I love pretty much all of their pieces because frankly, I am a sucker for antique and estate jewelry. 
Everything they have is just b-e-a-utiful.
I picked out a few of my favorite everyday rings that have immediately been added to my wish-list.
This grosgrain bow ring was featured as one of Matchbook's fifty classic baubles.
It is so classically girly and sweet.

Forget Me Not Ring
According to folklore, the wearer of the flower would not be forgotten by their lovers, and it was also a sign of faithfulness and enduring love.
This antique fede ring is one of my favorites. Similar to the widely popular claddagh ring, the fede ring features two right hands clasped together. Fede comes from the Italian phrase meaning "hands joined in faith" or "hands joined in loyalty".

Thomas Jefferson's daughter Martha was given this ring by the British Ambassador to France, engraved "j'aime et j'espere" meaning "I love and I hope." 
I love these rings as special gifts for friends or sisters.
Possibly my favorite of the bunch, this antique buckle ring is right up my alley. 

It has such wonderful character and is a subtle statement piece.



Do you drool over antique and estate jewelry as much as I do?
If so, Doyle & Doyle really can't be beat. For those who don't live, work, or play in New York City, their website is fantastic as well.

Have fun shopping!


xoxo Meg



2 comments:

  1. OMG I'm dying. Seriously I love & hate you for introducing me to this! I can't wait to get off work and and devour this website. Thomas Jefferson ring might be my favorite on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Isn't their stuff just to die? Let me know what other lovelies you find-I adore their earrings too!

    ReplyDelete