Monday, October 17, 2011

Canopy Love

Tony and I have been trying to figure out what to do with this bed we inherited when he moved out of his parent's house.
 That's pretty much what our bed looks like. 
Turns out I didn't take a picture of the bed as a whole. Oops.
 So that's the headboard...
...and the foot board.

 To say that it's not quite our taste is an understatement. But it's been in his family for a good amount of time, so I wanted to give it a face lift instead of just tossing it. Plus, my manfriend is a closet sentimentalist, so I know he wants to keep it too.

Here's what I've been thinking about...

Angie Hranowsky
Vogue
Windsor Smith, as seen in House Beautiful
Apple Martin's bedroom
Obviously in different fabrics and whatnot, but you get the idea.
When I presented this to Tony, he reminded me that we are most likely moving in a few months and I should put this project off until then. Fair enough.

In the meantime, we agreed that this may be the best option.


'Member when we talked about this bedroom a while back?

Pretty similar to this bed too.

So I think I may just paint the bed a fun little number and then add the simple, curtain like fabric. 
Consider it a half project.

I like both of these Benjamin Moore colors to make the bed ever so happy and cheery.
Cool Aqua

Utah Sky
What do ya think? Oh, and if it helps, the bedding is a gold damask pattern (the same bedding that Bethenny Frankel has, naturally, and for the love of Bravo TV, I couldn't find a picture of her freakin' bed), and the bedroom has a zebra print rug and a cream couch with Missoni throw blanket and pillows.

Me thinks it will look just fab.

Thoughts?


xoxo Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment